Compare Ram 1500 vs Ford F-150 near Milton, FL
Looking at the Ram 1500 and How it Compares to the Competition?
If you’re the type that needs a good truck, then you’re likely also the type who wants to make sure they’re the truck they’re driving is the right one. Choosing the right truck out of all the available options can be a tricky proposition. There are some truly excellent trucks on the market, with many offering a satisfactory combination of strength and capability. At Hill-Kelly Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, however, we know that “satisfactory” isn’t enough. You want a truck that delivers the best.
What does that mean? Many truck drivers wind up narrowing their search down to two choices: the Dodge Ram 1500 and the Ford F-150. While both are, in fact, excellent trucks, the Ram 1500 delivers an overall package that, in our opinion, gives at an edge over the new F-150. What about the new Ram 1500 is better? While a comparison of the Ram 1500 Tradesman and F-150 XL trims reveals that the F-150 has better fuel economy, the Ram 1500 still holds an edge when it comes to sheer power.
Here’s a brief breakdown of what both vehicles offer and how they compare:
2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman:
- Engine/Fuel Economy: 3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT (17 city, 25 highway, 20 combined)
- Performance: 305 horsepower, 269 pounds-feet torque
- Safety: Brake Assist, Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control, Front/Side Air Bags
- Features: UConnect 4C NAV, AllSecure Central Locking System, Rear Back-Up Camera, Android Auto, Apple Carplay, In-Floor Storage
- Measurements: 57.5 Cubic Feet Cargo Space
2018 Ford F-150 XL:
- Engine/Fuel Economy: 3.3-Liter Ti-VCT V6 Engine (19 city, 25 highway, 22 combined) )
- Performance: 290 horsepower, 265 pounds-feet torque)
- Safety: Brake Assist, Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control, Front/Side Air Bags)
- Features: SYNC 3 Infotainment, 4G LTE Wi-FI hotspot, Rear-View Camera, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay)
- Measurements: 62.3 Cubic Feet Cargo Space
While the Ford F-150 offers a lot of great features that drivers will likely appreciate, the Ram 1500 is most definitely the top choice for drivers interested in buying something for strength and power This is especially the case if you consider some of the other powertrain options at its disposal. Its 5.7-Liter HEMI MDS VVT engine option, for instance, delivers 395 horsepower and 410 pounds-feet of torque. This ability helps to make it an exceptional option for everything from light utility work to heavy duty towing.
Both trucks have a lot to offer, but the 2018 Ram 1500 is the better vehicle for serious truck drivers looking for a serious truck. It delivers a package of comfort, style, and strength that’s hard to beat. If you’d like to learn more about all the Ram 1500 has to offer, get in touch with the Ram experts at Hill-Kelly Dodge. Our location in Pensacola, FL has a wide selection of vehicle options available. Whether you decide on a new truck or are interested in seeking out something else, our selection of new and used vehicles is bound to have something to satisfy.
For all your vehicle needs in GulfBreeze, Navarre, Milton, Pace, and Pensacola, FL, Hill-Kelly Dodge is waiting and eager to serve.